Saturday, November 26, 2011

Accident

Right now I'm in my friends bedroom (I kicked her out of it) writing this. She's impatient and wanted me to post now. So it's story time again. This story is also about "cars".

It was a long day driving in madness. Weaving in and out between everyone. Some people were on the phone or texting. People were yelling at each other when they were hit. One older guy even gave me the finger when I hit him. Then I heard a horrendous sound. The sound of glass shattering and wheels screeching as metal clashed against metal. I heard a woman scream. My curiosity got the better of me and I was soon at the accident along with a lot of other people. I ran over to a woman on the ground. She wasn't moving but she did have a pulse so she was just unconscious. "Someone call an ambulance" I heard someone yell out. Then I heard the cry of a kid. It was barely noticeable. His cry being drowned out by all the commotion. I looked over to see a kid on the ground with glass in his feet. "Someone get the kid" I yelled while pointing towards him. A man probably in his early 40s ran over and picked the kid up attempting to comfort him. I heard the sound of an ambulance. The sound got closer and closer. Then I heard the sound of people screaming to get out of their way. I went to the side allowing the ambulance crew to get to the injured people. One of the guys went over to the unconscious woman and checked her pulse. He then proceeded to call another guy over to help get her onto a stretcher. I followed the guy with the kid and watched as he gave the kid to a paramedic who then placed him in the ambulance. The other man who was in the accident walked into the ambulance. He didn't seem to have any injuries except that he was crying and repeatedly saying "it's all my fault" and "I can't believe this happened". I watched as the doors closed and the ambulance drove off. I started to walk back to the accident. I looked at the floor that was littered with glass and olives. I went to my cart and said out loud "just another day at a crowded grocery store". Hey!. Watch where you're going!" a woman yelled at me when I hit her cart.

Question of the Day:

When we're in the supermarket and someone rams our ankle with a shopping cart then apologizes for doing so why do we say "it's all right"? Well it isn't all right so why don't we say "watch where you're going you jackass"?

No comments:

Post a Comment