Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Coincidentally Means....

It just dawned on me that in my last post my little short story would have been perfect for Valentines Day (if you haven't figured out what it was about yet and you still can't figure out what it's about even though I just gave you a big hint I'll give you another hint. Look up what "kardia" means in Latin. If you still can't figure out what it's about please go to a doctor. There is something wrong with you.)  So when I figured this out I though "They coincidentally have big similarities." or something like that. Then I had to look up what coincidentally meant because it sounds like a word that people made up. So I typed coincidentally into wiktionary and this is what it told me.

1. In a coincidental manner


Well that helps me because I have no idea what coincidental means! So I had to click on coincidental which I found out meant. 


1. Occurring as or resulting from coincidence. 


Seriously! If I knew what coincidence meant I wouldn't have to look up coincidental or coincidentally. So I again I clicked on coincidence which means....


1. Of objects, the property of being coincident; occurring at the same time or place.


Deciding to ignore them again using a word I don't know I found out that coincidence basically means two objects occurring at the same time or place. Then I gave up because it wasn't helping me at all and all I really wanted to know is whether coincidentally is a real word and it is. But please wiktionary don't use words that I don't know the meaning of when I'm trying to find out what another word means. Oh and did I mention I'm sick.


Question of the Day:


To sick to care....

1 comment:

  1. I just made some updates on wiktionary and they reverted them back. Their meaning for check is "to check a box"
    *To specify a definition you don't use the same word. I changed it to say "to place a tick in a box".

    When I asked the user who reverted it back he said "we also cover other Englishes, like US, Canadian, Jamaican, Trinidad, etc. etc". Yet when I questioned him, he couldn't prove this to me. He stayed quiet. They also do not inform people of what is UK, US, Canadian English.

    My changes to this page and 2 others were reverted back, so I would be annoyed. To correct a page with a simple sentence and have it reverted back doesn't make sense.

    It's all American (not the Queens English). There is no English on there which is why they didn't like my correction. I've also seen comments posted against then within a quick online search:
    http://www.ruclip.com/video/zR3I3hcvZhQ/lost-words.html
    *Other pages may not be fit for viewing so I've left them out.

    I've had my rant so will stop there. It makes you wonder whether there is any value contributing to these sites when they show some bias as simple as this.

    ReplyDelete